Sign Me Up:
Greek Orthodox Annunciation Banquet Center
555 North High Street
Saturday, November 19th, 2015
10:00 am to 5:00 pm (new extended hours)
There is limited parking at the venue. However, there is on street
parking all around the area as well as a parking garage directly
across the street at the Columbus Convention Center and behind
the Hilton on High St.
FAQ’s (and answers)
WHEN CAN I APPLY?
Applications open August 1st, 2015 and close on August 21st.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Here’s the link:
IS THERE AN APPLICATION FEE?
No, applying to be a NYMCM vendor is free!
WHAT CRITERIA AND QUALIFICATIONS DO YOU LOOK FOR IN YOUR APPLICANTS?
Our market is juried by select members of our staff and other individuals in the local makers scene, whose opinions and tastes we value and trust. Together we review the pool of applications thoroughly and handpick the artists that are the best fit for NYMCM. We thoughtfully and carefully choose applicants based on a number of criteria, listed below.
- Your work is designed and made by hand. Please provide information in your application if your products aren’t entirely made by you or by hand.
- Your work overall is cohesive and consistent, and you provide clear examples for us to view.
- Your work is unique. If you are a returning vendor, your work has progressed since participating. We always want to offer our customers fresh ideas.
- The average price of your items typically range between $1-$150 and reflect a good value/price ratio. Typically, you know what your work is worth!
- If you are a pre-packaged edibles Vendor, you offer unique packaging and flavors and have a well designed booth. We expect artisanal food to live up to the same levels of integrity and quality with their products and displays as our other craft participants.
WHAT ARE THE BOOTH SIZES AND FEES?
Vendors can choose, on a first-come first-served basis, one of the following booth sizes:
6’ wide x 5’ deep – $70
8’ wide x 5’ deep – $90
10’ wide x 10’ deep – $105 (limited spaces available)
* All BIG Holiday Market returning vendors will receive a $10 discount.
Payment is not required until you have been accepted as a vendor and will be collected via Paypal.
WHAT DOES THE BOOTH FEE COVER AND INCLUDE?
Your fee covers your booth space at the market. Vendors are responsible for supplying their own display items including tables. Additionally, tables must be covered to the floor. Two chairs/space will be supplied. Your fee also includes a link to your business website on our event Roster for that year. Select artists will also be featured on our blog and our various social networking sites leading up to and during the market.
We always advertise and promote the Market itself, which draws hundreds of attendees to shop your booths. This often turns into other opportunities including future sales, media exposure, networking, and more.
WHEN AND HOW WILL I BE NOTIFIED IF I HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED AS A VENDOR?
Vendor selections will be made no later than Labor Day (September 5, 2016). You will be notified by email and receive a Paypal invoice. Booth payment must be paid via Paypal no later than September 15, 2015. If booth payment is not made by September 18th a $20 late fee will be charged. If invoice is not paid by October 2nd your space will be given to the next vendor on the waiting list.
IF I AM ACCEPTED, WHAT IS YOUR REFUND / CANCELLATION POLICY?
We offer full refunds up to one month prior to the Market. If you cancel within one month of the date of the Market, we do not offer refunds of any amount due to the proximity of the event, but we will however keep your icon listed on our Roster. Once you cancel, you forfeit your spot in the Market and you are not permitted to sell or trade your space. We have a long waiting list, and reserve the right to fill spots.
WHAT IS REQUIRED OF ME IF I AM CHOSEN TO BE A VENDOR?
- All vendors must bring their own tables.
- A self provided floor-length table covering is required for all tables.
- Setup begins at 8:00 am. Vendors must be ready to sell no later than 9:30am. Teardown will start no earlier than 5:00pm. All vendors must be out of the venue by 7:00pm.
- Swag – NYMCM will be offering 75 – 150 swag bags for a $5 purchase with proceeds going directly to the “She Has a Name” charity. A minimum of 20 swag items would be useful to this worthy cause. Offering swag is completely optional.
- Vendors will be given digital marketing tools for social media use. We require vendors to occasionally share these marketing materials on their social media.
More questions are welcome at: email@example.com