Will there still be Holiday Markets?
Yes. Our current plan is to move forward with three Holiday Markets. We have implemented many changes in an effort to keep everyone safe. Our 2 Via Vecchia events will now be held “farmers market” style. This means that the majority of our Vendors will have booths outside. Embrace it – it’s a Holiday Market after all! Shoppers will also need to reserve a one and a half hour shopping period in advance to attend the market (more info coming soon). In addition, we have a new location for both markets and one of the dates has changed.
Holiday Market #1
Sat. November 21st | Noon – 8pm | Indoor/Outdoor at Via Vecchia Winery
Holiday Market #2
Small Business Saturday, November 28th | Noon – 4pm | Indoor at BrewDog Taproom & Craft Beer Hotel
Holiday Market #3
Sat. December 5th | Noon – 8pm | Indoor/Outdoor at Via Vecchia Winery
Via Vecchia Winery | 2108 S. HIGH STREET, COLUMBUS, OHIO 43207
BrewDog Taproom & Craft Beer Hotel | 96 Gender Rd, Canal Winchester, OH 43110, USA (15 mins from Columbus)
To read about all Covid-19 adjustments, policies and re-opening choices for all 3 Markets, please visit:
We have also highlighted covid addition on this page in orange.
More FAQs ABOUT NYMCM in general:
What is the History of NYMCM?
NYMCM has been around since 2012. Starting in Marysville, Ohio then moving to Columbus in 2014 NYMCM quickly became a beloved Holiday staple in the city. NYMCM continues to be voted one of the top 10 shopping events in Columbus year after year.
WHEN CAN I APPLY?
Applications for our Via Vecchia Markets close at midnight October 9th.
Applications for our BrewDog Holiday Market close at midnight October 25th.
Find Application for Vendors here:
Via Vechhia|Nov. 21 & Dec. 5th
BrewDog Taproom & Craft Beer Hotel | Nov. 28th
Acceptance Emails go out:
- Via Vecchia | October 14th
- BrewDog | October 29th
Vendor Fee due:
- Via Vecchia| Midnight Oct. 19th
- BrewDog | Midnight Nov. 3rd
* Interested in being a sponsor? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT DOES THE VENDOR FEE COVER AND INCLUDE?
Your fee covers venue costs, promotional materials including posters, digital and print ads and other costs required to put on a Market. Many Makers will also be featured and tagged on our social media pages and website leading up to and during the market.
ARE TABLES, CHAIRS, LIGHTS or TENTS PROVIDED?
Tables, chairs, lights and tents are not provided. Outdoor Vendors must provide their own 10×10 canopy and canopy weights. Battery operated lights are also strongly encouraged. *There is moderate outdoor lighting at the venue but your tent will need additional lights. We suggest camping lanterns.
HOW DOES YOUR JURY WORK?
The NYMCM jury consists of 5 members, each of whom is active in handmade small business. After the application period closes, application fee payments are confirmed. If the fee has not been paid the application is considered incomplete and discarded. All paid applications are then sorted by genre and individually scored according to the criteria outlined below. The top scorers are compared within their genre and selected to join the markert. A number of vendors in each category are offered a spot on our waitlist as cancellations often happen for personal reasons.
WHAT CRITERIA AND QUALIFICATIONS DO YOU LOOK FOR IN YOUR APPLICANTS?
Our market is juried by select members of our staff and other individuals in the local makers scene, whose opinions and tastes we value and trust. Together we review the pool of applications thoroughly and handpick the artists that are the best fit for NYMCM. We thoughtfully and carefully choose applicants based on a number of criteria, listed below. Also, check out our social media pages to see what Makers we have chosen in the past.
- Your work is designed and made by hand. Please provide information in your application if your products aren’t entirely made by you or by hand.
- Your work overall is cohesive and consistent, and you provide clear examples for us to view.
- Your work is unique. If you are a returning vendor, your work has progressed since participating. We always want to offer our customers fresh ideas.
- The average price of your items typically range between $1-$150 and reflect a good value/price ratio. Typically, you know what your work is worth!
- Your web pages provide clean and clear photos that are cohesive with the quality of NYMCM and can be easily shared for media purposes.
- You demonstrate that you are good at following directions and reading provided information. Like this list:)
- If you are a pre-packaged edibles Vendor, you offer unique packaging and flavors and have a well designed booth. We expect artisanal food vendors to live up to the same levels of integrity and quality with their products and displays as our other handmade participants.
I WAS A NYMCM MAKER IN THE PAST. DOES THIS MEAN I’M GUARANTEED A SPOT THIS YEAR?
What makes NYMCM such a unique market is our desire to bring our customers the newest and most current trends in handmade every year. To do this we need a vast variety of Makers at each market along with new merchandise. This is why we hold such a rigorous application process. We LOVE having return vendors but we give them the same jury process as everyone else. We check to see what new products they are offering and also discuss what kind of Maker they were in the past. Did they help share Market info online? Were they easy to work with? Did they follow all of our rules and deadlines?
I APPLIED IN THE PAST AND WAS NOT ACCEPTED. SHOULD I EVEN TRY APPLYING AGAIN?
Heck yes! As stated in the previous answer, we are always looking for new Makers. We have to turn down so many fantastic Makers simply due to space constraints at each market. This year there are twice the opportunities for Makers to be selected!
WHAT IF I DON’T HAVE A WEB PAGE OR SOCIAL MEDIA PAGE FOR MY BUSINESS?
As much as we love to accommodate all Makers we highly depend on digital exposure for the all around success of our markets. We do not require an expensive website or thousands of posts or followers from our Makers but we do require some sort of internet presence. This makes promoting, collecting promotion material and communication much easier on our end. A simple Instagram or Facebook account or Etsy page is perfect! If you do not have an active online page, NYMCM may not be the right fit for you.
Do you allow Direct Sales Businesses?
No we do not. No exceptions made. If you pay the application fee and apply with a direct sales business you will not be refunded.
CAN I SHARE A BOOTH WITH ANOTHER MAKER?
Due to Covid-19 we will not permit booth sharing at our winter events.
WHAT IS REQUIRED OF ME IF I AM CHOSEN TO BE A VENDOR?
- Watch your inbox! We try not to overload Makers on emails. When we do email you it is usually full of lots of important information. Please take the time to read these emails and file them to refer to later. It is very time consuming for us to respond to questions already addressed.
- Carefully read and make a plan to put our safety policies and procedures in place.
- Prepare your booth space. We are known for showcasing Makers with the most outstanding booth displays. Don’t get lost in the crowd by not preparing the look of your display early. Presentation is just as important as your products. We highly suggest making a tape outline of your booth dimensions on the floor and doing a mock up of your space. Remember YOU have to fit in the space too! As part of our COVID-19 Safety Policy we are requiring all vendors to be behind their tables to help with social distancing. No extra room outside of your booth is available for your display. All vendors must bring their own table and chairs. A floor-length table covering is required for all tables. Check out our Pinterest Board for ideas.
- Vendors will be given digital marketing tools for social media use. We require vendors to share these marketing materials across their social media accounts.
I HAVEN’T DONE MANY MARKETS. HOW DO I PREPARE?
FIRST read over our COVID-19 Safety Policy
Do your research! There are many great books, blogs and networks out there to help you move forward with your business. We would love to help each Maker personally figure out how much product to make, how to set up their space, and how to price their items but with over 100 Makers and 100s of hours it takes to put on a market, unfortunately we cannot. We can, however, direct you to our Pinterest Page that has many resources for Makers.
Questions not answered above are welcome at: email@example.com