Not Your Mama’s Craft Market is excited to announce the revised plan for our 2020 Holiday Craft Markets!
Sat. November 21st | Noon – 8pm
Sat. December 5th | Noon – 8pm
Indoor/Outdoor at Via Vecchia Winery
2108 S. High Street | Columbus, Ohio 43207
Why we decided to make this change.
It was an incredibly difficult decision for us. We agonized for months over what we should do in these unprecedented times. First and foremost our number one concern was for the safety of our vendors and patrons. We knew we couldn’t move forward with a plan if there was any concern for safety. Our second concern was providing much needed support to our local community of small handmade businesses. NYMCM is a family and right now so many of our family members are facing life altering financial struggles. Our vendors depend on events like ours and brick and mortar shops to get by. The holiday season is a crucial sales time for handmade businesses. With so many shops closing, and events like Village Lights not happening in person this year, many small local businesses are in serious trouble. Many local handmade markets have found it necessary to go virtual this holiday season as well. We judge no one for the difficult decisions they must make for themselves and their vendors as we know what a painstaking process it is. We feel we have a very unique opportunity to host a Farmers Market style handmade event. It might be a bit smaller, and it might be a bit colder but we definitely feel it will be a safe opportunity for our community of vendors and patrons to shop local this Holiday season. We have worked tirelessly to select the perfect venue and put together safety protocols to make this market happen.
Why Via Vecchia Winery (VVW)?
VVW offers over 6,000 square feet of open indoor space with large doors and a double filtration HVAC system, as well as a very large outdoor space where vendors and patrons can safely spread out. This indoor/outdoor component gives our market the same capabilities as a farmers market outlined by the CDC. Not only does it offer many safety features, but it boasts a beautiful backdrop for our holiday markets both inside and out. It is equipped with a large bar which will be in operation during the events, plenty of space for parking and for food trucks and is located just minutes from downtown Columbus.
What will NYMCM be doing during the Markets to keep everyone safe?
NYMCM, with the assistance of the Franklin County Health Department and Via Vecchia Winery have put into place multiple precautions for the safety of vendors and patrons alike. NYMCM will be following the guidelines on Farmers Markets laid out by the CDC and the recommendations of the Franklin County Health Department.
- Vendor spaces will be spaced at least 6 feet apart.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be placed strategically around the venue.
- Each vendor is required to have a hand sanitizer at their booth.
- Patrons will be required to reserve their time slots for shopping in advance and present their reserved e-ticket at the entrance. This will ensure that we do not exceed the safe number of patrons in the venue, as determined by the Franklin County Board of Health, at any time. Reserved ticket reservations will be offered in 1.5 hour increments. More information coming soon.
- Patrons are asked to move from vendor to vendor with the same group that they reserved their tickets with practicing safe social distancing.
- Aisles have been widened to accommodate social distancing.
- Face coverings are mandatory for everyone in attendance including patrons, vendors, volunteers and staff. Proper wear of face coverings will also be enforced.
- A traffic flow pattern will be clearly laid out for patrons.
- There will be dedicated staff for sanitizing touch points and opening doors for the duration of the event.
- Vendor setup will be staggered to ensure social distancing.
What does this mean for Vendors who have already applied and Vendors who want to apply?
Because one of the markets has a date change and both markets have a location change, we will be reopening our application process through midnight October 9th. Vendor selection emails will be sent no later than October 14th. Our new application can be found for Makers here: https://form.jotform.com/202447446696162 & for Food Trucks Here: https://form.jotform.com/202455978402156
If you have already applied for the original dates as a Maker or Food Truck, you will be emailed a Vendor Acknowledgement Form with the option to automatically move your application to one or both of the new markets or to pass on this year’s markets and receive a refund of your original application fee. We have also decided to lower vendor booth fees to help our struggling vendors. Regardless of your choice, this quick form must be filled out to confirm your acknowledgement of the market changes.
How about Kid Makers?
Our in person Jeni’s Made Stand Mini Market is being postponed until the Spring. We hope to offer an alternative for our amazing kid entrepreneurs. More information on that to come.
Things Vendors should consider before applying
- Masks must be worn properly for the duration of the market including set-up and tear-down.
- Vendors must stand behind their table during the Market to allow social distancing from patrons.
- Vendors must provide hand sanitizer at their booth for self and patrons.
- Vendors must follow the Employee, volunteer and vendor policies laid out by the CDC.
- Vendors must set booths up in a way that is conducive to social distancing for patrons.
- Vendors may not provide any samples or testers.
- All ready-to-eat foods must be pre-packaged before arriving at the Market.
- Pre-order for pick up at the market is encouraged.
- Outdoor Vendors take on the risk of inclement weather but receive a discount on a larger space.
- Outdoor Vendors must provide their own 10×10 canopy and canopy weights. Battery operated lights are also strongly encouraged. *There is moderate outdoor lighting at the venue but your tent may need additional light. We suggest camping lanterns.
- All Vendors and Shoppers are encouraged to dress for the weather even when inside as doors will be open to allow air flow.
- Our cancellation policy has changed. Please read below.
- As always, vendor fee payment serves as your digital acceptance of our vendor agreement. The Vendor Agreement includes a waiver and release of liability agreement as well as an agreement to the terms of our cancellation policy.
- Upon acceptance, vendor fee payment / Vendor Agreements are due no later than midnight Oct. 19th.
- Vendors are asked to have only 1 helper with them and only if needed during the event. The NYMCM hosts and volunteers will be around to stand in for Markers in need of a quick break.
- Vendors will not be permitted to share a booth with any other Vendor.
- Per the usual, Vendors must provide their own table and chairs.
- NYMCM will not be offering Vendor swag this year, but Vendors may offer swag items at their booth if desired.
- We have decided as a courtesy to our struggling Vendors to lower the vendor fees that were intended for our 2020 Holiday Markets.
6×6 – $100
10×10 – $175
*all indoor vendor spaces are very limited,
10×10 – $130
*(outdoor vendors must supply their own 10’x10′ canopy)
Please be aware that NYMCM never plans a Market with the intention of canceling it at a later date. Please note that if there is a concern about whether a Market might have to be canceled, NYMCM will make every effort to do so before collecting any booth fees. Canceling a Market would happen only if we determine it is in the best interest and safety of any and all persons who may be in attendance. Uncontrollable circumstances may include but are not limited to: extreme weather conditions, pandemics, gas leaks, water and/or power outages, local public health disturbances. In the event that NYMCM must cancel a Market due to uncontrollable circumstances NYMCM will refund 50% of any booth fees paid for that Market. Application fees are non-refundable.
We understand that, for many reasons, vendors must sometimes cancel their participation in one of our markets. In the event a vendor must cancel their participation in a NYMC Market, the vendor forfeits their vendor fee and their vendor spot in that Market. The vendor is not permitted to sell or trade their space.
Applications close | Midnight October 9th *application fees are nonrefundable
Acceptance Emails go out | October 14th
Booth Payment due | Midnight Oct. 19th
Setup for Market #1 | Fri. Nov. 20, 5pm-7pm & Sat. Nov. 21, staggered from 8am-10:45am
Setup for Market #2 | Fri. Dec. 4, 5pm-7pm & Sat. Dec. 5, staggered from 8am-10:45am
Find Application for Vendors here:
Find Application for Food Trucks Here:
COVID-19 and Farmers Markets/ Employee, volunteer and vendor policies:
Sign Up for our Newsletter:
For announcements, events and status updates follow us on social media:
Caraftin Outlaws is another great local Craft Market that is supporting local Vendors with a Virtual Market. Find links to their amazing Vendors on their website: