FAQ’s (and answers)
WHEN AND WHERE IS IT?
November 18th, 1p-6p
Greek Orthodox Cathedral in the Short North.
WHEN CAN I APPLY?
Applications open July 15th and close on August 15th.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Here’s the link: https://form.jotform.us/71925501607151
IS THERE AN APPLICATION FEE?
Yes, there is a nonrefundable $10 application fee.
WHAT CRITERIA AND QUALIFICATIONS DO YOU LOOK FOR IN YOUR APPLICANTS?
Our market is juried by select members of our staff and other individuals in the local makers scene, whose opinions and tastes we value and trust. Together we review the pool of applications thoroughly and handpick the artists that are the best fit for NYMCM. We thoughtfully and carefully choose applicants based on a number of criteria, listed below.
- Your work is designed and made by hand. Please provide information in your application if your products aren’t entirely made by you or by hand.
- Your work overall is cohesive and consistent, and you provide clear examples for us to view.
- Your work is unique. If you are a returning vendor, your work has progressed since participating. We always want to offer our customers fresh ideas.
- The average price of your items typically range between $1-$150 and reflect a good value/price ratio. Typically, you know what your work is worth!
- If you are a pre-packaged edibles Vendor, you offer unique packaging and flavors and have a well designed booth. We expect artisanal food to live up to the same levels of integrity and quality with their products and displays as our other craft participants.
Do you allow Direct Sales Businesses?
No we do not.
CAN I SHARE A BOOTH WITH ANOTHER MAKER?
Yes. BUT we require that each Maker applies and is approved individually by our jury. Any vendors who have not been approved and still set up at the Market will be asked to leave. This will be outlined in the Vendor’s Agreement and taken very seriously.
WHAT ARE THE BOOTH SIZES AND FEES?
6’ wide x 5’ deep – $90
8’ wide x 5’ deep – $110
10’ wide x 10’ deep – $125 (limited spaces available)
* All BIG Holiday Market returning vendors will receive a $10 discount.
Booth payment is not required until you have been accepted as a vendor and will be collected via Paypal. Payments will be due by September 15th.
ARE TABLES AND CHAIRS PROVIDED?
Tables and chairs are not provided but NYMCM will have a limited amount available to rent. You can find more information on the application.
WHAT DOES THE BOOTH FEE COVER AND INCLUDE?
Your fee covers venue costs, promotional materials including posters, digital and newspaper ads and other costs required to put on a Market. Select artists will also be featured on our blog and our various social networking sites leading up to and during the market.
We always advertise and promote the Market itself, which draws hundreds of attendees to shop your booths. This often turns into other opportunities including future sales, media exposure, networking, and more.
WHEN AND HOW WILL I BE NOTIFIED IF I HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED AS A VENDOR?
Vendor selections will be made no later than August 29th. Acceptance, Waitlist and Decline emails will all be sent by August 29th. We ask that no emails inquiring about the status of your application be sent before this date.
IF I AM ACCEPTED, WHAT IS YOUR PAYMENT / REFUND / CANCELLATION POLICY?
You will receive a Paypal invoice in your acceptance email. A nonrefundable booth payment must be paid via Paypal no later than September 15, 2017. If booth payment is not made by September 22nd a $10 late fee will be charged. If invoice is not paid by September 22nd your space will be given to the next vendor on the wait list. Again, once your payment is made it is nonrefundable. Cancellations will be considered a forfeit of your spot in the Market. Trading or selling your space to another Maker is prohibited. We have a long waiting list, and reserve the right to fill spots.
WHAT IS REQUIRED OF ME IF I AM CHOSEN TO BE A VENDOR?
- All vendors must bring their own table and chairs or rent a table and/or chair from us (limited number of tables and chairs). A floor-length table covering is required for all tables.
- Setup begins at 10:00 am. Vendors must be ready to sell no later than 12:30pm. Any Makers arriving after 12:30pm will not be allowed to set up. Teardown will start no earlier than 6:00 pm. All vendors must be out of the venue by 8:00pm.
- Swag – NYMCM will be offering 75 – 150 swag bags for a $5 purchase with proceeds going directly to the “She Has a Name” charity. A minimum of 25 swag items would be useful to this worthy cause. Offering swag is completely optional. We only ask that if you indicate on your application that you will be providing swag that you uphold your commitment.
- Vendors will be given digital marketing tools for social media use. We require vendors to share these marketing materials on their social media.
More questions are welcome at: firstname.lastname@example.org